Monday, February 21, 2011

My journey into uncharted crunchy-ness!

Okay so I know my resolution was to phase out plastic this year... well, maybe I'll get around to that later... instead I am going to explore the deepest secrets of the wilderness that is Crunchy-ville!
Step one: family cloth. I honestly didn't think I could do it... DH said he refused to live in the same house as family cloth... and yet, we have succeed in a 95% transition! I'm 100% in home, haven't figured out the travel bit yet and we hardly ever go anywhere these days... DH is okay with it unless he has access to toilet paper... Notes: You need about 3 times as many as you think you'll use between laundry days... especially if you have our luck... (don't ask...)
Step 2: No-Poo <3 this one is my favorite so far, and the reason I decided to chronicle our journey... DH is still pretty against it for himself but hey, 2 outta 3 Herp family members ain't bad (Gator-bug doesn't really get a say but he seems a lot happier without the baby shampoo every bath). I was on day 3 or 4 today of just water & was feeling pretty grungy so I mixed up the baking soda paste, did a vinegar rinse, and may I say WOW! My hair felt genuinely thicker as soon as I started rinsing the soda out, although it had the same texture as right after you dye your hair... so I did the vinegar rinse which made it detangle instantly & very soft, but took some of the volume out... it dried frizzy so I think I need to work on the amount of soda I use... but definitely impressed!
Taking suggestions for other crunchy experiments!
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.6

No comments:

Post a Comment