Wednesday, May 18, 2011

I am a devil worshipper...

Or so I have been told. My family says it because my husband and I are Wiccan. But I've heard that one a million times; it is an unfortunate part of living in the bible belt. The reason I was given today though just blew me away. I work with this wonderful older woman, she gives so much to other people and asks nothing in return. After her husband passed away she continued his work with the volunteer fire department, she would give her last dime to help a stranger. I truly respect this woman so I mean no insult to her as I write this.
Now, as far as a coworker goes, we don't really get along. She has always been the first to look for anything I may have overlooked, which I wouldn't mind (I appreciate constructive criticism) except she has not once said anything to me, preferring instead to go through a different coworker. She has never been very open to casual conversation, especially if I try to start it. Ever since we have worked together I've thought I had accidentally offended her in some way. Well, today the topic came up with a coworker because it has really been bothering me but she's also the type to not want to offend you so I couldn't ask her. Said coworker explained to me that because she is a very devout Christian she views snakes as a form of the devil.
Umm, what? She doesn't like me, not because I breed snakes and she just has a fear of them, but because snakes are the devil...?! Would someone please explain this too me? Lol. I'm not offended. I can respect her views, despite being completely confused by them. And knowing why she seems so reluctant to accept me actually makes it much easier to work with her. I am simply baffled...
Feel free to comment with the strangest reason you have ever been given for why someone dislikes you :)
Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8

No comments:

Post a Comment